Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MUSICALS 101

I have been thinking lately, that my children need to experience the joy of a good old fashioned musical. I thought that I would start with "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". Singing, dancing, brawls, humor and romance, good clean family entertainment, right? For those of you have not had the pleasure of watching this Howard Keel classic, it begins with a song. Here are some of the lyrics, "Bless your beautiful hide where ever you may be, I don't know yet but I'm a willin to bet, your the gal for me." Catchy isn't it? My kids got a kick out of the song and the movie. Later that night Mason was cuddled up to me and as sweet as can be, looked up at me and said, "mom, you have a beautiful hide". You gotta love him, he sure makes me laugh.

1 comment:

  1. "You have a beautiful hide." That cracks me up! Okay, I pretty much have that entire movie memorized. We have seen it hundreds of times. When my 2 oldest were small(er) that was the only anything that would play on our t.v. For some reason when Howard Keel laughs it reminds me of Aaron. Is that how Aaron laughs? Anyway....LOVE MUSICALS! Hey, uh, when are you going to Hawaii? Sorry that I haven't written you back on FB yet.

    ReplyDelete